Title: Customer Success Associate
Compensation: Base salary of $40-45k plus bonus
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position overview: Solstice has been growing quickly, and we’re looking for a Customer Success Associate to make sure we take care of the households, small businesses, and community organizations that sign up for community solar with Solstice. Customers are the most important stakeholder at Solstice, and we strive to ensure every customer has a great experience with community solar. You’ll wear a few different customer-facing hats: helping customers navigate our digital billing platform, answering questions about the billing process, and empowering customers to become Solstice Ambassadors and spread the word about community solar to their friends and neighbors. The right candidate loves talking to and helping people, and is communicative, and passionate about climate change mitigation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be the first point of contact with customers, understanding their concerns and resolving them in a professional and timely manner
- Running our Ambassador program to better empower current customers to spread the word about community solar
- Leverage both phone and email to clearly communicate Solstice value proposition to customers
- Collaborate with Outreach members to motivate each other and improve daily
- Document all activities in our CRM
- Fully understanding the solar industry, community solar market, the Solstice customer profile and value proposition
- Help us build scalable sales processes and implement efficiencies
Who You Are:
- 6 months – 2 years of customer-facing experience, tech or energy experience welcome
- Patient with questions
- Love helping others -- you’re great at assisting your grandparents learn how to use their computer
- You love talking to people
- Full of positive attitude – you see challenges as learning opportunities
- Proactive -- you identify problems and design solutions without being asked
- Hungry to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- Passionate about renewables, cleantech, and/or sustainability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience building or executing Brand Ambassador programs a plus!
As a Customer Success Associate, you will gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Management experience for one of the most important activities at Solstice, the Ambassador program
- Experience at a fast-growing tech startup/social enterprise that’s creating a more just and equitable energy industry
- Knowledge that you’re working every day to improve the livelihoods of families looking to join the clean energy revolution
- Inclusion in a mission-driven, fun, and collaborative company culture
- Competitive benefits and generous PTO
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and the occasional after-work beer. Apply today and get to know us!