Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Metal Fabricator prepares, fabricates and welds various metal constructions, components and structures. Metal fabricators work from patterns and blueprints, using a variety of tools and machines to make metal parts or assemble components. They may work in manufacturing assembly or in construction and building.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Will prepare, fabricate, and weld various metal materials.
- Work with patterns and blueprints.
- Use a variety of tools and machine to make metal parts.
- Assemble metal components.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Tig Welding.
High School or equivalent
Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature
Effective English reading and writing communication skills
Ability to operate different tools, and to troubleshoot equipment problems
Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Ability to lift in excess of fifty pounds
Long term welding experience or AWS certification
Press Brake Operator experience
Sign fabrication experience
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. 2. May need to move equipment occasionally. 3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 4. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. .5. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.