We are looking for industrial athletes to join our amazing warehouse team! As a warehouse associate, you’ll get to make a difference in a fast-paced, automated distribution center. Join us - You’ll be proud to work for a successful, stable, growing Fortune 135 Company that is 100% committed to the safety of its Associates, helps families live lives better, and serves our communities in this time of need.
Salary: Starting at $14/hour plus additional .60/hour for 2nd shift, .85/hour for 3rd shift. This is a temporary position with the opportunity, based on your performance, to be offered a permanent career position with the potential for additional earnings and benefits.
Schedule: Three shifts are available -
1st shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
2nd shift: Monday - Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
3rd shift: Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm to 6:30am
Loads and unloads trailers, moves merchandise from area to area and uses conveyors or forklift equipment throughout Distribution Center.
Essential Job Functions:
• Load and unload merchandise.
• Check, verify and audit merchandise and enter data into remote data terminals to ensure that ordered merchandise is as ordered and not damaged.
• Identify, separate, label and palletize merchandise to be relocated to appropriate area of distribution center.
• Operate forklift type equipment to move and store merchandise. Replenish pick areas identified by replenishment screens or report various requests for needed merchandise. (Training will be provided if forklift driving required)
• Fills merchandise orders by selecting and moving merchandise from active location to conveyor, and/or slot to pallet or box to fill orders.
• Load merchandise onto trailers by moving merchandise from conveyor to trailer or from pallet to trailer. Scan non-conveyable or non-diverted merchandise prior to loading on trailer.
• Check merchandise to ensure that shipment is accurate and merchandise is not damaged and is loaded onto proper trailer.
• Perform general housekeeping duties.
• Perform varied duties (as listed above) depending on department assignment. Department assignment will change depending on Distribution Center needs.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Ability to adapt to job duty and department changes, as required.
Physical Requirements: These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. These include:
- Physical and mental dexterity
- Ability to move (walk) distances between warehouses/offices
- Lifting up to 70 pounds and carrying up to 30 pounds
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to work alone or with others in a warehouse environment, subject to varying temperatures, noise, dust, etc.
- A 4-panel drug screening test may be required
Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.