Status: Season Full-Time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Leadman/Foreman
Purpose: Perform day to day work as assigned by the foreman and project manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain company standards in all interactions, including but not limited to, interactions with clients and personnel.
- Performs work requiring the use hand tools, power tools, and mowing equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Ensure company vehicle and equipment are operated and maintained properly, including but not limited to initiating any action needed to remedy malfunctioning or unsafe equipment.
- Maintain all safety standards on every job and while on properties.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Attend to all meetings and work items in a timely fashion, as decided by the foreman.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- General knowledge of landscape maintenance, including but not limited to native grass, tree replacement, and erosion control.
- Basic knowledge and skills with hand and power equipment used in basic landscape construction and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for fast-paced field work.
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
- Requires walking long distances over uneven ground.
- May require excessive bending, standing, and kneeling.
- May include lifting 50 lbs. or more based on field requirements. Proper lifting techniques required.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the heavy machinery areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as mandatory hearing protection.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Hand and power tools and heavy equipment including but not limited to trimmers, blowers, edgers, riding lawn mowers, and tractors.
- Safety PPE including but not limited to vests, eye protection, and gloves.