Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Further technical education beyond high school or vocational training
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties in the Maintenance Department to support the efficient operation of the Perry Cook facility. Position usually works five to six days a week; overtime may be required based on production needs.
- Conduct/Keep accurate inventory levels
- Place orders
- Receive incoming shipments from vendors
- Stock incoming parts and equipment on shelves and material racks
- Inspect, issue, collect and maintain parts, materials and tools
- Cordinate distribution of special ordered parts
- Identify duplicate and/or obsolete parts
- Maintain good documentation of parts or equipment leaving the plant
- Enter/Track Work Orders
- Invoice resolution
- Keep storage area clean and assist with other house keeping duties
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Strong communication, math, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Valid state driver's license
- Able to be certified to use a pallet jack and forklift
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Work environment includes, but is not limited to, a normal office environment and construction site as well as climate extremes found in a poultry processing operation and a wastewater treatment facility. This position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. This position requires an associate to be able to be exposed to all chemical found in a poultry processing operation and a wastewater treatment facility. This associate must wear and/or use protective safety equipment required for the job and for various locations. This associate must be able to travel to remote facilities and/or offices for meetings.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.