Perdue Transportation Incorporated (PTI) is the private fleet for Perdue Foods. With a team of safety-minded, professional drivers, we’re delivering on the promise of customer service and reliability. PTI is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation.
Be responsible for training drivers to load, unload, and deliver dressed poultry, crude and refined oil, contract backhauls and other inbound and out bound products and materials to plants, customers, and distributors.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1 Train drivers to load, unload, and deliver dressed poultry, meal, refined oil, contract backhauls and other inbound and outbound products and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Teach drivers how to observe and maintain all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load.
3. Train drivers on how to operate a tractor and trailer in a safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies.
4. Teach drivers on how to conduct pre and post vehicle inspections and complete reports as required by Company policies.
5. Train drivers on how to complete all Company paperwork to include but not limited to pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
6. Teach drivers to how to understand and use the telephone, voice response, and satellite system in order to communicate with customers, dispatchers, and supervisory personnel. Perform other task as assigned by supervisor.
Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
minimum of 2 years over the road experience
Strong training and mentoring capabilities with excellent communication skills.
High School Graduate or GED preferred
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Able to drive a tractor with trailer. Able to remain seated for extended periods of time up to the limits established by DOT regulations. Able to sleep while another diver drives. Able to withstand bouncing and vibration from truck and road conditions. Exposed to fuel and oil spills. Able to constantly lift 900 boxes up to 100 pounds to load and unload products. Exposed to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, (0 - 100%) and, noise (50db to 100db).
Required to travel to customers, distributors, plant facilities and other remote locations and remain away from home terminal for extended periods of time up to 5 days.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.