CannaCraft is one of the largest and most recognized Cannabis companies in California. Our award-winning brand portfolio is the convergence of industry expertise, cutting-edge technology, and the belief that cannabis has the power to transform lives for the better. Our family of brands includes AbsoluteXtracts, Care By Design, Care By Design Hemp, Farmer and the Felon, HIFI Hops, Loud + Clear, Humboldt Terp Council, Keef, Gem & Jane. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our team!
What you'll be doing...
This position will support CannaCraft’s Procurement team as follows:
- Create purchase orders and keep an organized record of past purchase orders.
- Receive purchase orders, coordinate with Receiving to ensure all information is correct.
- Keep track of all current and obsolete packaging SKUs; assign unique identifier to each packaging component to ensure accurate tracking.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up to date inventory records using custom inventory tracking system. This includes all packaging which has been ordered, receipts, production usage, scrapping and final inventory numbers.
- Keep Data Systems Clerk up to date on any packaging changes that will affect BOMs or Work Orders.
- Create non-inventory POs.
Coordinating with Warehouse Manager
- Notify Warehouse Manager daily or weekly of expected incoming shipments. Ensure that Warehouse Manager has all documents including shipping lists.
- If there is a shipping discrepancy, research and resolve.
- Coordinate vendor returns, send shipments of packaging samples.
- Assist as necessary with cycle counts and requesting one-off counts.
- Request and record weekly cycle count results.
- Ensure inventory levels of safety and consumable supplies are maintained for all departments, including packaging, bottling line, formulation, etc. Purchase materials as necessary.
- Purchase materials for departments (Exaction & Formulation) based on requisitions by department managers. Track past purchases and follow Demand Plan to anticipate future needs.
- Receive feedback from department managers about materials and adjust purchases based on their recommendations.
- Maintain files of information on vendors, items, and cost including comparison between vendors for same item – maintain tiered preferred vendor records.
- Ensure that documentation including COAs and Spec sheets for each shipment are received and given to QA Specialist.
- Constantly research and evaluate vendors and items to ensure most cost-effective materials are purchased.
- Coordinate the purchasing of materials including creation of POs, submission of invoices to Finance Department, following tracking and notifying vendor of discrepancies.
- Ensure that regular deliveries of materials are received on time and without issues.
- Perform research into new raw ingredients that need to be sourced, including contacting and comparing vendors, obtaining quotes and lead times, and working with
- Infusions Manager and QA/QC, and R&D to determine required specifications of product.
- Review Demand Plan and Production schedule on a weekly basis to ensure enough packaging is in house to meet the planned production runs, communicate with Production Manager about any potential shortages.
- Work with Cost Accountant to ensure accurate packaging costs are recorded, complete any requested ad hoc projects from Cost Accountant.
- Maintain a to-pay list; determine priorities and communicate priorities to Account Payable manager
- Ensure petty cash and petty cash prepaid cards are always balanced, accurate records and receipts are maintained, and work with Accounts Payable to refresh cash or petty cash , prepaid cards when necessary.
- Collect weekly reports from other Procurement department staff and prepare the Procurement department weekly report.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Specialist to ensure that all necessary samples of raw materials or packaging are sent for testing.
- Provide general administrative assistance to Director of Procurement as necessary.
- Participate in interviewing candidates for various positions as relevant and requested by Director of Procurement.
- Compile reports as requested by Director of Procurement, VP of Production, or COO.
- Maintain Procurement department filing system for vendor contracts, signed proofs, etc.
- Ship samples or other materials as necessary
CannaCraft offers a competitive salary with commission structure and bonus potential, comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits + PTO and 401K.
CannaCraft is a second chance friendly and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We look forward to hearing from you!