Title: Community Outreach Coordinator – NY
Term: 6 month with potential to extend. Benefits available after 90 days.
Compensation:Base 30-35k + uncapped commission (OTE $75k)
Time commitment: Full-time
We are always hiring in other parts of New York (excluding NYC) – please feel free to apply and we will be in touch if/when we have opportunities in your region!
Position overview: With several large community solar projects in New York, we are looking for highly-motivated individuals to expand our field presence and boost our community outreach & sales efforts. The position is a relationship building, customer facing, results-oriented role with significant opportunity for professional growth and autonomy. If you’re someone passionate about renewable energy and love building networks, then the Solstice New York Outreach position is for you!
Your main responsibility will be to help us fill your portion of an existing solar farm with residential utility customers. Traditionally, our field staff has focused on building relationships with community organizations and businesses to run creative campaigns centered around enrolling individuals in our solar farms. You’ll be responsible for managing the entire organization and business sales cycle in addition to making sure individuals actually enroll!
Who you are:
- You’re up to the challenge– you want real responsibility
- You are bold, fearless, unafraid to fail – a true entrepreneurial spirit
- A great communicator – You love talking to people
- You know you can sell and you’re not afraid to prove it
- You want to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- You’re interested in renewables, clean-tech, and/or sustainability
Responsibilities will include:
- Achieving or exceeding a monthly quota of households to enroll in solar projects
- Conducting outreach to and building relationships with community organizations & businesses, including houses of worship, workplaces, community centers, housing associations and other community organizations/groups
- Building a network of Ambassadors to help you grow the solar contagion effect
- Interfacing with community leaders and stakeholders to help their networks switch to solar
- Planning and running awareness building and enrollment events alongside your organizational partners
- Previous sales or political campaign experience preferred, as is a comfort with public engagement
- Passion about the mission of Solstice
- Ability to build relationships with individuals, community organizations, and small businesses
- Knowledge of/relationships with community organizations in the state of New York
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to run events
- Comfort and ability to work remotely from a home office
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis throughout Central New York (Access to a car)
- Extraordinary attention to detail, highly-motivated, creative, proactive, team-oriented, self-starting and eager to work outside of an office setting
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.