Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
As a Captain you directly influence the success of the organization by assisting the store General Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. The role is to deploy MOD Squad Members, and to delegate tasks so that the MOD experience is achieved and maintained for customers.
As a MOD Squad Captain your objective is to live, teach and demonstrate the MOD Pizza culture in all interactions. Are you a MOD Captain?
What you will do:
- Leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Oversee front and back of the house employees during shift
- Keep things upbeat and friendly
- Thrive in a team environment where you will collaborate effectively
- Displays real passion for and responsibility to the customer.
- Become a MOD menu expert
- Prepare and restock food products
- Manage cash drawers
- Help maintain a spotless shop
- Follow all health, safety and sanitation guidelines
What you will need:
- A real passion for people
- Reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years old
Bonus points if you have:
- Food/service industry experience
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
As a member of our MOD Squad, you will be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required.
- High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative)
- May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected)
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
We make pizza so we can serve people
Click here to see a day in the life at MOD: https://youtu.be/SIlTJ9WURoo
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. As a member of our MOD Squad, you may be asked to perform additional related duties to meet ongoing needs.
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Key words: restaurant, cook, line cook, dishwasher, cashier, register, customer service, fast food, busser, server, waitress, waiter, pizza, entry level, kitchen, prep