- Operate packaging line equipment like Can Depalletizers, Sorters/Orienters, Filler/Capper, Valve Inserters, Labelers, Sleevers, Heat Shrink Wrap Tunnels, Case Formers, Case Packers, Conveyors, Palletizers, Unitizers, Gasser, Crimper, Thermoform, Blister Machine, etc.
- Operate packaging line and related equipment from startup; including all manual adjustments (like clearing jams), to shut down.
- Troubleshoot packaging line equipment problems to determine root cause and make effective repairs and adjustments in a timely manner.
- Performs scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PMs) to ensure equipment efficiency.
- Ability to set up and change over all Packaging Line equipment in a timely manner to ensure minimum down time and smooth start up.
- Use of computers for data entry and reporting purposes.
- Achieves required OEE levels on assigned Packaging Line(s).
- Follows all applicable waste, scrap reduction and recycling guidelines.
- For future promotional opportunities, mechanical and/or electrical experience operating maintenance equipment like the lathe, drill press, welding equipment, power and hand tools, pipe threader, hydraulic press, band saw, table saw, etc. and appropriate measurement tools like micrometers, scales, gauges, PC for CCMail, on-line SPC, etc.
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with RB local and Global EHS Policies and programs (i.e., PPE, HAZCOM, Lockout Tag Out, process safety, etc.)
- Participation in EHS programs (i.e., Behavior Safety Observations, near miss reporting, etc.)
- Timely completion of all EHS training
- Accurate and timely completion of Inspections, reports and forms required to comply with EHS rules and regulations
- Where required, additional EHS training such as Hazardous Waste and/or HAZWOPER. Training will be provided in order for the employee to fulfill the requirement of his/her position.
- Participate when needed in EHS internal/external audits and/or regulatory inspections
- Active participation during incident investigations and promoting all safety activities/events
- Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, and cleaning standards and guidelines
- Follows current work instruction and ensures adherence to the Quality Control Plan and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Performs Statistical Process Control Charting and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Performs and practices good Housekeeping.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership abilities on designated lines that he/she is operating.
- Trains and certifies new Technicians, Operators, and Temps as needed.
- Able to send and receive E-Mail in a timely and effective manner.
- Works effectively in a Team based work environment
Is This You?
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a team based manufacturing environment; on high speed packaging equipment preferred
- Work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime as needed
- Attentionto detail, accuracy, work standards, initiative and managing work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities
- Perform duties with minimal/no direct supervision
- Strives for Continuous Learning to Keep Skills up-to-date