Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
To coordinate all feed production to coincide with scheduled deliveries and outside costumers. To work in maintaining the efficient running of the mill to ensure proper operation of the mill equipment. Requires experience in all facets of equipment repair, plumbing, electrical and machining, work from blueprints, fabrication and welding Track and comply with all Regulatory Compliance entities. Plans and implements all activities, products and services in a manner designed to reduce the adverse environmental, social and economic impacts and incorporates commitments to continuous improvement, pollution prevention and efficient use of natural resources and sustainable practices. Previous experience maintaining feed mill equipment is required. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long-term and short-term goals of the department.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Dismantle devices to gain access to defective parts.
· Inspect used parts to determine wear and replacement needs.
· Monitor mill equipment and their effects on feed quality
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
· Repair or replace defective parts, install special functional and structural parts, clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
· Fabricate parts and equipment
· Test runs devices to evaluate their performance.
· Track inventories and maintain supply of raw ingredients to meet required production levels.
· Report all activities and issues to management.
· Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
· Participate in company and department safety program.
· Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
High School or equivalent
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, tig-welding, metal fabrication
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Ability to understand, speaks, and writes fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables. Ability to analyze and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to include procedure manuals, blueprints, professional journals and technical procedures.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tool and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 80-pound boxes and materials regularly. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability to distinguish colors.
This position offers an excellent benefits program. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work environment varies depending on weather (wet, cold, or hot) conditions, but is predominantly very dusty. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.