Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Prince George Replenishment Center is currently seeking to fill 2 openings on their team for Warehouse Nights, Case Thru Turret Truck Operators. Interested candidates must meet the minimum requirements to qualify for an interview.
Turret Truck Operators $15.30 & $16.65 (60-day)
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This position reports to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor and is responsible for maneuver and order selected product within the VN storage area specified by customer orders listed on SAP printout. Notify lead and supervisor of product incorrectly received or put away in incorrect locations in the case thru and VN aisle within CFS systems. Using RF handheld unit to scan the product, pallet license plates, and follow the SOP’s ensure product is selected and scanned correctly according to customer orders and dates. Must be able to read a spreadsheet and identify product needs using the FIFO inventory method. Obtain and maintain valid licenses to operate Turret Lift Truck, and be able to maintain production levels that meet the minimum standards for skill and pay level. Will complete daily inspection of Turret Truck and turn in proper documentation. Operate all material handling equipment in a safe manner. Follow all safety guidelines established by the facility. Monitor the replenishment of racks, rework, and other areas where needed. Perform all duties in a safe manner by following facility guidelines. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Must have at least 2 months of service with the company. If promoted or transferred by previous job bid, must have been in that position for 6 months.
- Must have previous experience operating a lift truck in a warehouse environment.
- Must have current certification or pass the certification course established for this facility before operating any Turret Lift Truck.
- Must have the ability to work as a positive team member, demonstrate a positive attitude, and have a strong working knowledge of present warehouse equipment and processes.
- Must be able to lift 35-65lbs to heights from 5” to 84” and work in a 25-30 degree environment. Must wear mandatory personal protective equipment.
- The Ultra-Fast work area needs the ability to sit in a lift truck for 10+ hours.
- Cannot have any disciplinary warnings for safety within the last 6 months.
- Must have no other documented written disciplinary issues.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation as specified in the job description available in Human Resources.
High School Education, GED or Equivalent
1 year of forklift / warehouse experience
1 year of pallet jack, Lift truck operator, Loader, & Warehouse experience
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm. Able to stand for several hours. Work may include lifting (up to 90 lbs) without mechanical assistance, reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.