Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As our Candidate Experience Quality Manager, you will lead a team of Quality Specialists responsible for conducting reviews and providing coaching in an effort to elevate the quality of work on the team. Your responsibilities will include demonstrating a fundamental understanding of contact center operations, anticipating broader business needs, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and developing strategic goals and tactical plans.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support to a team of 5+ Quality Specialists in a high-volume contact center; recruit, mentor and develop your team and nurture an environment where they can excel through performance feedback, 1:1s, and individual coaching
- Foster a culture of professionalism, personal development, candidate advocacy, and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) compliance
- Develop and deploy scalable quality assessment programs to drive a consistent, compliant, and high quality candidate experience across all sites and support channels (phone, email, chat)
- Create action plans to increase the scope of Quality coverage and improve the efficiency of internal processes. Develop and standardize qualitative and quantitative strategies for improving quality, mitigating operational and compliance risk, and proactively identifying trends across multiple workflows
- Regularly perform data analysis to uncover trends and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Share quality performance trends and provide regular reports on overall performance with managers. Work with cross functional teams to establish initiatives that drive key metrics within the team, cultivate a consistent understanding of our quality expectations, and enable a coaching framework for managers
- Surface inconsistencies in quality and experience, and conduct root cause analysis with corrective, preventative and candidate-centered action plans
- Ensure Quality Specialists adhere to quality assurance standards, complete required deliverables and comply with the business’s standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with training, business operations and other stakeholders to create content assets, including knowledge base articles to support vendor and service teams
- Primary owner of relationship with Checkr’s Legal team to ensure CX is compliant with the Fair Credit Reporting Act in all messaging; perform audit reviews as required by the Legal team
What you bring:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years experience in Quality operations management in a customer experience organization or high-volume contact center environment (preferably geographically diverse or global)
- Proven experience and success in designing and implementing multi-channel QA scorecards
- Ability to provide impartial and specific coaching/feedback based on defined desired results
- Ability to work with a wide range of people for process improvements and corrective actions
- Strong analytical skills and experience using metrics to measure Quality performance and make data based decisions
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements
- Strong business sense, quality assurance, and a candidate-first mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to whittle complex processes down to clear and concise concepts
- Outstanding teamwork and relationship building skills
- Exemplary grammar, spelling, and sentence construction is an absolute must
- Familiarity with CRM tools and QA platforms, Zendesk and MaestroQA a plus
- A sense of humor and quick wit :)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $102,000-$120,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.