Do you enjoy working with your hands? Can you think on your feet and solve problems? If so, we would like to hear from you. PAC Worldwide is seeking a Machine Operator to join our team in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The Machine Operator is essential to maintaining smooth production operations at our manufacturing plant. In this position, you will learn how to operate and maintain manufacturing machinery to fulfill work orders of high-quality packaging products for PAC customers around the globe. You will read and interpret work order requirements, load and changeover machinery, and keep machines running smoothly; communicating any problems that arise to supervisors in a timely manner. You will have the opportunity to become an expert in operating and maintaining PAC machinery. You will feel confident jumping in to make adjustments or changes as necessary to maintain production at the highest level, with the support of your Production, Warehouse, and Maintenance teammates.
This position requires:
- Ability to interpret stacking diagrams and pack product accordingly
- Attention to detail and product quality
· A teamwork attitude
· Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to understand and perform machine-specific Preventative Maintenance
· Must have a high school diploma or its equivalency
· At least 6 months of manufacturing work history desired
· Good interpersonal skills
· Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist on a regular basis
The facility will be 24/7 with rotating 12 hour shifts. Below is an example of the schedule.
2 WEEK SCHEDULE EXAMPLE:
Mon - Work, Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - Off - Thursday - Work, Friday - Work, Saturday - Off, Sunday - Off
Mon - Off, Tuesday - Work, Wednesday - Work, Thursday - Off, Friday - Off, Saturday - Work, Sunday - Work
***The 12-hour Night Shift hours will be 7pm-7am.
Working at PAC: PAC Worldwide manufactures packaging materials and supplies packaging automation equipment for some of the world’s top retailers. For over 40 years, we have maintained a commitment to producing high-quality products while remaining dedicated to corporate responsibility and employee wellness. PAC promotes open communication and comprehensive employee wellness through our PACLife initiative. PACLife’s CARE, CONNECT, CREATE initiative is targeted at our most important asset, our employees. Through PACLife we seek to enhance the life, relationships and future of every PAC employee. PACLife is about connecting with our employees on a level that goes beyond simple work output so, together, we can create a company where we are all proud to belong.
· Competitive hourly wage
· Bonus opportunities for obtaining production/safety/quality goals, maintaining perfect attendance, anniversary appreciation, and more
· Medical, dental, and vision with employer contributions to premiums and healthcare spending or reimbursement
· Employer-paid disability and life insurance, with additional voluntary options
· 401K plan eligibility on day 1 of employment, with a generous match after 6 months
· Three weeks of paid time off within the first year
· Paid holidays as of day 1
· Perks and discounts for local and national retailers and organizations
· Continuous training and professional development opportunities
· Consistent opportunities for overtime