Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for performing assigned maintenance duties within scope of classification to include production equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, emergency breakdown and equipment failure. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Diagnose failures to mechanical equipment and make repairs
- Rebuild mechanical equipment
- Fabricate sheet metal
- Compile and complete paperwork relative to repairs to include but not limited to work orders, time cards and job cards
- Perform all work within safety guidelines established by local, state and federal agencies as well as company policies
- Respond to calls after hours and on weekends to repair mechanical equipment failures
- High School or equivalent (required)
- Further education or technical training (preferred)
- 1 - 4 years of work experience is required
- Feedmill experience (preferred)
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is active. On and around the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. May need to move equipment occasionally. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in agriculture or feed processing. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.