Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness has an opportunity for a Warehouse Operator at the Sparrows Point, MD facility.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties supporting grain operations.
Perdue AgriBusiness offers competitive wages and benefit packages to full-time, regular positions.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates equipment and maintains facilities involved in the handling, storage and drying of grain and other products
- Maintains proper set-up, inspection and calibration of grain testing and weighing equipment per requirements and procedures
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment within the facility
- Obtains, prepares, tests and grade grain samples from inbound and outbound shipments
- Performs all work within the safety and environmental guidelines established by local, state, and federal agencies and company policies
High School or equivalent preferred
- 0 -2 years of related experience
- Farming experience and experience operating equipment
- Reading, writing and analytical skills
- Basic understanding of standard computer applications
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Able to move freely throughout the agribusiness facilities including climbing vertical heights (0 -150'), carrying tools and equipment (0-50 lbs.), exposure temperatures (0-100) degrees Fahrenheit, humidity (0-100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (MSDS sheets available).
- Must be able to wear protective equipment to include self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Required to travel to remote agribusiness facilities and customer locations.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.