Imagine if everyone had a place to go where they were encouraged to embrace their individuality and come as they are. A place fostering an environment that supports human growth and recognizes the value in second chances. This is the kind of place that MOD is committed to creating and maintaining every single day. By creating a culture where individual spirits are celebrated, we believe that our teams will feel empowered and committed to providing that same experience for every single customer that walks through the door.
With more than 400 locations across 28 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact within these communities, creating not only an exciting place to eat, but a place where others are inspired to bring about change. We call it Spreading MODness.
This job contributes to MOD’s success by providing construction oversight to ensure new store and renovation projects are completed in accordance with MOD’s requirements. Provides management of site feasibility efforts, budgeting, contract administration and negotiation and field supervision of vendors and contractors. Reports to a VP of Construction and Facilities and will provide directly leadership and management to the support team assigned to the territory (inclusive of a Construction Services Rep and other roles as applicable).
- Responsible to manage and develop project budgeting from site feasibility through project close out.
- Manage bid solicitation, negotiations and contract preparation and execution for all new and renovation projects.
- Manage day to day work and development of direct reports.
- Track construction progress and scheduling of all vendor and contractor related work.
- Provide on-site project quality control through weekly vendor meetings and routine job inspections.
- Provide oversight of landlord required work and possession of leased premises in order to begin tenant improvements.
- Works closely with real estate and design team to provide necessary input during site selection and feasibility project phase.
- Provides value engineering and creative support to project team to insure project financial targets are met.
- Assists with collecting and providing lease required documents in order to collect Tenant Improvement Allowances. Manage overall project close out and turnover to operations for all new and renovation projects.
- Attends all weekly functional meetings with team to track new store progress.
- Supports store development and operations goals by participating and contributing in planning and strategy meetings for the company owned markets.
- Provide support and leadership to develop and maintain required vendor base in new and established markets to support growth plan.
- BA in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural or related degree (or commissure experience) and 5+ years of progressive experience in construction project management
- Experience successfully scheduling, estimating, budgeting and procuring building projects.
- Experience working collaboratively with in-house real estate and design team members as well as external architects and builders.
- Experience effectively leading people and supporting the development of teams.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on building partnerships and negotiating win-wins.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven delivery and follow through with all task, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Travel up to 50%
- Understanding and commitment to MOD’s Core Values
Travel work involves operating a motor vehicle within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically. Occasionally positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to move or lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to help us spread MODness? Apply today!
Our largely diverse community of MOD Squaders plays a huge role in making MOD a place that is welcoming to people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It is our mission to build up communities that empower and inspire one another, celebrating our differences and appreciating all that we each have to offer. In this regard, MOD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. MOD recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.