Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Leads the local organization in identifying, progressing and realizing the implementation Quality Policy and Quality Systems. Identifies and investigates all Quality opportunities covering all products, projects, and processes. Delivers measurable improvements utilizing Quality Improvement and continuous improvement strategies. Implements standard processes and appropriate actions to improve quality of products, reduction of variation and eliminate waste.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the facilities Quality Improvement Process by becoming a business partner with operations management, working with them to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and implement agreed to continuous improvement alternatives.
- Ensures deliverables support the 4-P’s. People (turnover, increased collaboration), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives), Planet.
- Gains a solid understanding of the Company’s key initiatives / accountabilities and ensures linkage of process improvement efforts with these goals.
- Collaborates across functions to insure consistent implementation of new, improved processes. Establishes measurable criteria to ensure desired results are obtained. Provides management with updates via tracking reports on quality project progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
- Based on projects and organizational priorities, assists with the identification of both “hard” and “soft” training needs, identifies the proper source to deliver the training, and tracks training results; conducts training on Quality improvement tools and develops others to become trainers.
- Manages the quality systems and assists quality manager in developing tracking mechanisms for ongoing reporting, develops and implements a follow-up process and a plant communication plan for process improvements to ensure sustainability.
- Promotes the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is more proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making, and giving priority to preventative actions.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with local State and Federal agencies (USDA) to identify issues that could impact quality of products.
BS degree or equivalent related work experience in Quality Assurance, Food processing Operations Management, Food Science, Animal Science plus 2 to 5 years related experience.
Experience should include successful employment record of the implementation of continuous improvement/quality improvement in a manufacturing environment. Should preferably possess knowledge of LEAN principles, Six Sigma, TQM, SPC, PIP and QIP. Additional skills and experience to include: Demonstrated willingness to promote and drive change; able to communicate and work with teams at all organizational levels from senior management to shop floor; strong communication, organization and presentation skills; ability to learn new concepts, combined with common sense and effectively apply to problem solving; combination of business, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills motivated by challenge. Strong computer skills with Microsoft office programs.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
You will be working in a production facility with cold temperatures and loud noises. Will be required to be on your feet the majority of your shift.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.